Your basement is unlike any other room of your home because of where it is situated. There is far more moisture in it because it is underground, which can make it a friendly environment for mold and mildew. It’s dangerous to you and your loved ones if you ignore those problems and treat it like any other space, painting or building over the problem rather than addressing it. Your health and that of your loved ones deserves better. That is why every project that we handle begins with an inspection of the basement so that we can address any health problems before beginning the rest of our work.
Why makes basements different:
- Basements are typically the coolest rooms in a building because they are underground. The cooler air that results from the cool soil outside the building combines with warmer air from other parts of the home to create an environment that’s perfect for mold even when you do not experience flooding.
- The walls of your basement are porous, which makes it easy for outsize moister to flow into your home as a vapor. Upon becoming saturated with gallons of water, this vapor is absorbed by the walls, floors, and ceilings..
- Several other items, including sump pumps, leaky hot water tanks, and flooded drains can exacerbate these problems and/or create additional ones.
- All of these factors must be taken into account before a decision is made on how to go about renovating your basement.
As your basement contractor, we have systems in place to assess every basement environment and to account for any problems in our work.
Some of the things we do:
- Install a wall system that, to most people, is indistinguishable from drywall
- Waterborne/Organic panel
- Use materials that are resistant to mold, moisture and mildew
- Provide insulation that protects your building from exterior factors and keeps heat and cold in your basement
- Class A Spread rating that is fire resistant
- Ensure that your screens and picture frames can be secured with the market’s strongest system
- Create a basement that seamlessly fits in with the rest of your building
- All of our products are recyclable
- Installation of your new basement can sometimes take no more than fourteen days.
The foundation of your building can be deleteriously impacted by the soil surrounding it because that soil is constantly changing.
If you want to determine whether your foundation is in need of repair, there are several signs that you can check for, some of which you may already be aware of:
- Have you noticed that any windows or doors have become difficult to open?
- Have gaps opened up in doors and/or window frames?
- Has the plaster on the inside walls of your home begun cracking, including in places that aren’t always visible?
- Have you noticed nail pops on your ceiling walls (Is this correct?).
- Are any of your walls leaning?
- Are your floors flat throughout your home?
- Have you noticed the chimney tilting?
- Has your foundation noticeably sunk?
- Do you see cracks in the foundation or walls of your basement?
Call Basement Contractors Toronto, your basement contractor, if you notice any of these signs. We can resolve whatever problems may exist with your foundation. Best of all, our work is guaranteed to last!
With so much invested in your home – not just in terms of money but also the health and safety of your family – why wouldn’t you get the best basement contractor on the market to ensure that it is up to the highest of standards?
Most homeowners are unaware that unlike older homes that have basements constructed of concrete walls, the basements of many newer…
Bowed Basement Walls
Bowed walls are another problem that can wreack havoc on your foundation. Soil load, combined with under designed foundations…
From the Midwest to the East Coast, many homes suffer from damage caused by water in the basement. Fortunately, as your basement contractor, we can draw on over sixty-five years of experience to turn even severely damaged basements into areas that are just as livable as any other room in your home.
Basement Waterproofing System
Keeping your basmenet dry is one of the things that we take great pride in at Basement Renos Toronto. In fact, we are so confident in our exclusive…
Sump Pump Replacement & Battery Back-up
One of the most important investments you can make to keep your home dry is a quality, properly function sump pump. But every home has different needs…
You may not know it, but home and building foundations are susceptible to extensive water damage from clogged or leaky downspouts…
We have a variety of options that can greatly improve your living conditions. Ask our basement professionals for more info…
If you’re like most home owners, you probably never give your crawl space a second thought. That can lead to problems, though, as the unsealed, damp areas can suffer from dry rot and become a fertile space for mold. Structural problems are also have every bit as much of a chance of developing here as in any other part of your home. Not only that, but as the air in the crawl space moves up into the rest of your home, it can bring with it that same dampness, bringing with it all of the associated problems.
Now that you can see the potential challenges created by a part of your home that is often overlooked, be sure that you consider not only how it can impact the structure of your home, but also what it can mean for your family’s health.
Problems with most traditional crawl spaces:
- Poor air quality, sometimes including radon gas
- Attractive space for pests, including termites, spiders, rats, and mice
- Heat loss, which forces your heating a cooling systems to use more energy
- Potential structural damage when dry rot, mold, and moisture take their toll
Tidycrawl™ from the area’s leading basement renovation company, Basement Contractors Toronto, can resolve these problems quickly and easily. A time-tested solution, this will not only take care of any current problems with the area but also stand the test of time. As your basement contractor, we can seal the space so that you can get it back and, if you so choose, use it for storage.
- More breathable air not only in the area but throughout your home
- Elimination of an easy entry point for Radon gas
- Reduced energy costs thanks to improved insulation
- Increased storage space that you can use without concern for environmental damage to your items
Midew & moisture:
- Should you decide to sell your home, you will not have to take a price reduction due to problems in your crawl space. In fact, your home value is likely to increase as a result of crawl space encapsulation!
- We can handle this in a single day. (This doesn’t seem to fit.)
As your basement contractor, or top priority is improving your health by resolving risks caused by dank basements and crawl spaces. That is why were are a member of the Basement Health Assocation.
Santa Fe Dehumidifiers
Nothing removes odor-causing moisture and maintains the recommended relative humidity levels of 30-50%, quite like Santa Fe Dehumidifiers…
Congestion, eye/skin irritation & allergic reactions are a few of the ailments caused by mold. Basement Renos Toronto now offers a solution to the…
You can’t see radon, you can’t smell or taste it, but it could be a problem in your home. Health Canada, states that Radon radiation is a major concern…
Basement Renos Toronto has what it takes to keep your basement and crawl space warm and cozy. Plus, you’ll never have to worry about moisture, not to mention your energy costs will be reduced. Our special Spray Foam Insulation product does it all!
- Green Product
- Drafts are no longer an option with an air-tight seal
- Built-In fire retardant
- You’ll never have to worry about Mold Causing-Moisture getting trapped
- Since it’s an open cell, wood is able to breathe
- High Density
- R8 Insulation at our 2″ We Install It.
- Helps to preserve wood
- The seal is guaranteed to stay because of its flexibility, unlike closed cell
- Won’t support mold growth
- Wood decay is a thing of the past, unlike open cell
- Spray Foam protects against heat loss, permanently!.
- The most under insulated areas in the house are the rim joist and floor joist
If you’ve checked any of these telltale signs, it’s time to call Basement Renos Toronto. We’ve got the expertise to rectify any problems you may have with your foundation. And you can be rest assured, the results are permanent! Your home is your pride and enjoy. Let Basement Renos Toronto continue to keep it safe and secure.
Your basement will be as comfortable as any room in your home with the help of your basement renovation contractor, Basement Contractors Toronto. One of the options that we offer will be perfect for your basement renovation.
Our window systems can take your basement from dark and dingy to warm and bright. Not only will they allow more light into your basement, but they can also provide proper ventilation, making them look and feel like just like any other room.
All of our wells meet the requisite local codes and are built using designs and materials that will stand the test of time without needing any regular maintenance. All you need to do is let us put them in one time and you will have windows that grow the living space in your home for years to come.
Schedule your free home estimate today!
One of our Basement Professionals will visit your home to provide a free, on-site evaluation and a free written estimate.
To schedule a free home estimate, call 1-844-245-8093, or complete the estimate request form below and one of our Customer Service Representatives will be contacting you shortly